Watch the music video of “Upside Town,” the album’s official first single
K-Pop icon KANGDANIEL marks an explosive return to music-making with the release of his new full-length album, The Story. Featuring 10 songs co-written by the Korean pop superstar himself, the highly anticipated record chronicles stories from his own perspectives and experiences.
The lead track “Upside Town” is a midtempo tune written by KANGDANIEL, Chancellor, Knave and composed by Sean Kennedy and MZMC. The catchy new single brims with a clear Rhodes piano and a solid guitar foundation with mixed drums, whistles, and clapping sounds.
The song’s official release is accompanied by a vibrant music video that takes place in various locations, including a neon-lit barbershop, a rooftop carpark, and a laundromat. It also features KANGDANIEL and his team of talented dancers delivering an astounding choreography with hip-hop and street dance elements.
“I want to tell the stories as a storyteller,” the South Korean multimedia artist says. “I would be grateful if you just enjoy and feel relaxed with The Story. I hope you like it.”
The Story serves as his first full-length album, and follows the release of his chart-topping EP, Yellow, which is certified platinum in South Korea. KANGDANIEL’s new album also includes collaborations with some of the biggest names in K-Pop: Korean-American singer/rapper Jessi on “Don’t Tell,” sokodomo on “How We Love,” and Dbo on “Loser.”
KANGDANIEL is a South Korean singer-songwriter, actor, and MC.
KANGDANIEL was born in Busan, South Korea. In 2019, he was named an honorary ambassador for the city of Busan. Daniel’s love for music began as a b-boy and then he studied modern dance and ballet while in high school. Since his debut as a popular boy group Wanna One in 2017, he established his own independent label, Konnect Entertainment in 2019. He has continued to release diverse tracks as a solo artist started to expand his artistry with collaboration of various artists. He also appeared as the host of Mnet’s Street Woman Fighter (2021) as well as the spin-off show Street Dance Girls Fighter (2021) and made his acting debut through the Disney+ Star original series, Rookie Cops (2022). As his first comeback following the end of his series “Color trilogy”, he released his first full-length album The Story on May 24th.
- 1 million Instagram followers in the shortest time
- Korea’s Forbes influential fourth (2019) KANGDANIEL
- Ranked the first place among all K-pop idols for 157 consecutive weeks on the popular K-pop fan voting platform Idol Chart
- Idol Chart Ranking 129 consecutive weeks of most votes Debut album ‘466,701’ has been sold for the first time
- Accumulated more than 1 million in cumulative physical album sales throughout four EP albums
- Debut EP Color On Me set records for both the highest first-day and first-week physical sales for a solo artist since the chart’s inception
- Debut on Billboard’s World Digital Song Sales chart with “Paranoia”, the lead single off the third and final chapter of his “Color trilogy”, Yellow (2021)
- Yellow (2021) topped the Gaon Album chart and includes his first domestic No.1 single, “Antidote”
KANGDANIEL’s full-length album, The Story is out now on all digital music platforms worldwide via Sony Music. Watch the music video of the album’s first single “Upside Town.”
Read my column “Don’t Miss This” at The Rizal Weekly Post
IG Name: www.instagram.com/Homeschoolingiscool
FB Name: www.facebook.com/ armi.pineda
YouTube Account: https://youtube.com/channel/UCAEszY-nm4XIPSphcppyilw
TikTok Account: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZGJkEHsLh/
Blog Site: www.Homeiskool.com
Other social media accounts Www.facebook.com/HomeschoolWorld
For collaboration you can email me at Armipazpineda@gmail.com